EVENT: Summer Intensive 2019
Fusion dance, ballet, flamenco, folklore, physical training, choreographic montage, projection of videos related to dance art, conferences, and more.
The course is taught by experienced teachers and choreographers of the Company and guest teachers from around the world.
Morning – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM (for professional and advanced level)
Afternoon – 2:00 PM to 6:00 PM
(Students do not select the schedule/ Teachers will organize groups according to the level of students, previous audition)
– Be an active student of dance
– Be 7 years of age or older
All registrants participate, premieres a choreography, in which they show what they learned during the course. They also receive a diploma.
It will take place in our headquarters at the end of the course to celebrate the spirit of dance and friendship.
REGISTRATION For residents abroad – 400.00 USD (non-refundable), for residents in Cuba 300.00 MN.
Summer Intensive: July 1 – 14
Closing Gala: July 14
Summer Intensive: July 16 – 28
Closing Gala: July 28
Summer Intensive: July 30 – 11 August
Closing Gala: August 11
All the Grand Final Galas will be held in a theater in the capital
- It’s compulsory to attend all classes and be punctual.
- All participants must be 10 minutes before the course begins.
- Entrance to and exit from the course must be done in an organized manner and by groups.
- The time set for shift change must be used exclusively for that.
- Walking from an area of work to the other between one class and the other must be done by groups, each one with the professor heading the group.
- Work clothes (dance clothes). Female dancers must attend classes with leotard, tights or Lycra, loose skirt, flamenco or character shoes and slippers. Hair in a bun and, in case of wearing earrings, they must be small.Male dancers must wear trousers or jumpers, t-shirt or tank shirt, flamenco or character shoes and slippers.
- It’s forbidden to enter class with the following clothes or accessories: chains of any kind, watches, bracelets, big earrings and rings, as well as any other accessory that can harm the body during exercises.
- A time and space will be set for snacks and going to the restroom.
- Food and drinks are forbidden out of the time or schedule set for that purpose or in work areas. It’s advisable that each participant brings from home his or her own bottle of water to drink, because the scheduled is very tight and there will be no time to go out to get water.
- The entrance to people who are not part of the course is forbidden.
- Companions (relatives, friends, etc.) have no access to work areas. They will attend the Closing Gala, if they wish to do so, but they have to buy their tickets.
- People interested in getting information, whether they are participants or not, could have access to the area prepared for that (reception) in the same timetable of the course and will be assisted by the staff destined to it in an orderly manner.
- No crowds at the entrance or exit will be allowed as well as in the different work areas.
- Costumes for the choreographic pieces will be provided by the Company. Each participant is responsible for taking care of and keeping it clean.
- Costumes will be returned personally by each participant the day scheduled for that purpose.
- In case that a participant lose or return runout costumes, he or she will be charged; the cost will be informed at the time when the costumes are handed to the participant.
- Discipline all the time during the course is essential for the good development of the course and its final goals. Each participant is responsible for keeping its obligations.
- Bearing in mind that the headquarters of Lizt Alfonso Dance Cuba must be taken care of and kept, the student who mistreats it will be automatically expelled from the course.
- Participation in the choreographic pieces and in the Closing Gala depend on the student’s performance and the teacher’s evaluation.
Not complying with this regulations must lead to a disciplinary measure that, depending on how serious it is, could be:
- Expulsion from class
- Not participating at the Closing Gala
- Expulsion from the Course
Participants who are expelled from the course or the Closing Gala won’t be presented with the corresponding Participation Diploma.
Returning the registration fee in the first three days:
- Participants who, for a justified reason, have to unsubscribe from the course before it begins, will be refunded 100% of the registration fee.
- Participants who, for a justified reason, have to unsubscribe 72 hours before the course begins will be returned 50% of the registration fee.
- Participants who don’t provide a true justification or reason to unsubscribe from the course or be expelled from it won’t be refunded.
Fifteen days of intense work will allow dancers and dance students to improve their artistic – technical level in a highly professional environment, with specialized teachers and optimal facilities for the development of the event.
So much is the professional and human gain of those who take this Summer Intensive that for years its fame has transcended the borders of the country to attract many interested people from various latitudes such as: United States, Italy, Switzerland, Germany, Mexico, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Peru, Colombia, among others.